Government of West Bengal, Backward Classes Welfare Department detailed Guidelines for SC / ST / OBC Certificate. Online Application for SC / ST / OBC Caste Certificate, View Status of Application, Check Caste certificate Details, Reprint Applications / Acknowledgement Slip through Official Website of WB Backward Classes Welfare Department- www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in or Online Website of WB Caste Certificate- www.castcertificatewb.gov.in. Application for Caste Certificate can be made Online in the website of Anagarsarkalyan Department or Castecertificate WB. If such application is made online, the applicant will be able to download copies of the filled in application and acknowledgement with a receipt number which he / she can use to obtained information on the status of his application at any time. the Applicant has to personally submit the filled in application duly signed along with Document. Details of Eligibility Criteria for SC / ST / OBC Caste Certificate, Online Applying process & Links for caste Certificate, Check Application Status Link is given below....
Organized by - Backward Classes Welfare Department, West Bengal / Anagrasar Kalyan Department
Matter of - Apply for Caste certificate or Check Status of caste Certificate
Certificate of - SC / ST / OBC
Official Website - www.castcertificatewb.gov.in / www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in
Details of Apply Online for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) & Other Backward classes (OBC) Certificate - www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in
Eligibility Criteria for SC / ST Applicant :
Now for Disposal of an application for Caste Certification for Scheduled caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST), Five & Other backward Classes (OBC) required Criteria is given below.
- The Applicant must be citizen of India.
- He / She is a permanent resident of West bengal since 1950.
- He / She is an ordinary resident at the address currently residing.\
- He / She Belongs to the said caste / Tribe.
- His /. Her Identity
- Applicant Does not fall under Creamy Layer. (For OBC )
Other Eligibility for SC / ST :
- As per Government of India order, valid all over the country, an SC / ST person migrated from one state to another can claim to belonging to a SC / ST only in relation to the state to which he / she originally belonged to and not in respect of the state to which he has migrated. a person migrated to west bengal from another sate after 1950, is not entitled to the benefits provided by the State Government to the person belonging to SC / ST, through the Caste / Tribe he or she belonged to is listed as SC / ST in this state.
- No person who was not a SC / ST by birth will be deemed to be a member of a SC / ST merely because he or she has married a person belonging to a SC / ST. Similarly a person who is member of a Sc / ST would continue to be a member of that SC / ST even after his or her marriage with a person who does not belonging to a SC / ST.
- The person claiming to be SC should profess the Hindu, the Sikh or The Buddhist religion. The Person claiming to be ST may profess any religion.
Required Document For Applying SC / ST / OBC Certificate :
It is often alleged that the issuing authorities claim numerous document in order to prove a single criterion. to remove any confusion on the requirement of Document to Prove any of the Criteria mentioned is below-
- For Citizenship - Citizenship certificate / Voter ID card of Self or Parent / Authenticated Voter List of Self or Parent / Pan Card self or parent / Birth certificate from competent authority / Caste Certificate of parent / Any Government Document providing citizenship
- For Permanent Residence & Local Residence - Land deed or Land Tax receipt / Voter List providing residence since 1950 / Birth certificate providing residence since 1950 / Ration Card providing residence since 1950 / Caste certificate of Parent / Any Government Document proving permanent residence since 1950 / Birth certificate / Ration Card / Rent Receipt / BPL card / Pass Book of a nationalized Bank or Post office.
- For Caste Identity - Caste Certificate of any paternal blood relation and proof of such relation / Copy of old land deed (Prior to 1950) specifying community name that document / Any Government Document proving Caste Identity.
- For Self Identity - Admit card / Voter ID card / Pan card / Birth certificate / ID card by Employer or Educational Institution / Pass Book of bank account / BPL card / Any Government Document proving Identity.
Details of Online Application for caste Certificate Eligibility Criteria & more Details about Required Documents is being given in official Advertisement below.
- Detailed Guidelines for Issuance of OBC Certificate (Bengali)>>>Click here
- Detailed Guidelines for Issuance of OBC certificate (English)>>>Click here
- Detailed Guidelines for Issuance of SC / ST certificate (Bengali)>>>Click here
- Detailed Guidelines for Issuance of SC / ST certificate (English)>>>Click here
Process for Applying Caste (SC / ST / OBC ) Certificate :
- Visit official website of WB BCW - www.castcertificatewb.gov.in
- Click on Application for SC / ST / OBC Certificate.
- Filed up All relevant Details in Application form.
- View Before Submit.
- Save & Continue.
- Print out Application Copy.
- Submit hard copy in Office of BDO / SDO.
Online Links :
- Click here>>> View caste Certificate Details.
- Click here>>> Reprint Application / Acknowledgement Slip.
- Click here>>> Edit Application.
Check Online SC / ST / OBC Caste certificate Process - www.castcertificatewb.gov.in
Process for View Status of certificate :
- Visit official website of BCW Department- www.castcertificatewb.gov.in
- Click on View Status of Application.
- Enter Application / Acknowledge No.
- Verify & Search.
- Status will be shown on Screen.
- Take a Print out copy of Certificate Status (If Required).
Important Information :
- Before Online applying for SC / ST / OBC certificate applicant must be verify than he / she must be eligible & all required document with his / her.
- Follow official Instruction / Advertisement / Notification carefully before applying.
- Regular visit for Updates.
Any more Information visit official website of WBBCW Department- www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in / www.castcertificatewb.gov.in
Backward Classes Welfare Department (BCW)
Administrative Building, SDO Bidhannagar,
4th Floor, DJ-4,Salt lake,
Sector-II, Kolkata- 700091.
Tel- 033 2334 3603 (Minster IN Charge)
Website - www.castcertificatewb.gov.in / www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in